Applicable device : IAdea XMP-3000 series
SMIL media players often also provide a network interface based on SOAP (historically short for "Simple Object Access Protocol").
A typical SOAP network API supports the following objects and methods from a digital signage media player:
- Login(): initiate a new command session
- Logout(): end a command session
- CreateObject(): upload a file into the media player
- FindObjet(): enumerate files in the media player
- RemoveResource(): delete a file in the media player
- Play(): play a SMIL
The AdAPI uses HTTP Digest authentication to protect its transactions. The default user name is "admin" and password "" (empty string).
Programming tools including the Visual Studio Express directly suports making SOAP calls from Windows. More information is available below.