The following questions should help you find what you need:
1. Do you need help in making a SMIL playlist?
2. Are you playing back fixed content that doesn't change often?
- You can load content into player via a USB stick
3. Are you updating the player via an on-site computer connected via a local area network (LAN)?
- Free sample code is provided in Microsoft C# to control the player via SOAP transport
If you want to run your digital signage network across firewalls, you need to have your SMIL placed on a remote server and pulled by the player using Pull mode. Read on.
4. Are you trying to connect the SMIL player to your existing software?
- You may be able to translate your current playlist format into SMIL on-the-fly to feed a SMIL player. An example is provided to translate from existing MediaRSS feeds into SMIL.
5. Do you need to uniquely identify your player for licensing/authorization check?
- Read about how you can receive a player's ID upon connection
6. Do you need to receive playback logs from the player?
- Read about in Reporting.
7. Do you wish to optimize player's download behavior to transfer files while foreground content is being played?
- Read about background file loading in Prefetch.
8. What's next? Try to do more SMIL and move up in Compliance levels.